Sunday, April 24, 2011

127 Hours

I started my day with pancakes, trying to get a hold of my father and watching 127 hours. Sadly, I cannot stomach watching a movie where a man cuts off his own arm. So instead I continued playing phone tag with my father and start packing for my Kansas City/ Saint Louis trip. I'm nervous and very excited for a extended trip, because I have never traveled alone in awhile and never to see so many people that I love and enjoy seeing. As I was packing some girls from other volunteer houses came over and asked if I wanted to go hiking. I wanted to workout earlier, but it was wet and gross outside, but hiking sounded good. We went to the Pinniacles again and it was worth the mug covered jeans and missing my father's attempt to reach me. Not that talking to my dad is a bad thing, but today we actually saw buzzards up close and personal when we were on the mountains. They were so close I actually was able to look one in the eye and there were about five of them circling the tip of the mountain.  It was amazing.

   Today I got some gifts from the Easter Bunny (my parents) and a letter from the woman who has been praying for me since I first came to CAP. They have people who take a name of a volunteer and have him or her pray for their volunteer until the volunteer's term is over.

Here are a few pictures of the hike.













No comments:

Post a Comment