Thursday, October 7, 2010

NO Make up, No Revival, but there was Paul

    As I guessed I was one of the few girls wearing make up today at the picnic, but I didn't feel left out of place... since I never wear make up anyways (unless I'm going to a party). However I felt pretty good about myself. I walked two one mile marathons today! Which is really nothing compared to how much I use to run when I did Cross Country and how much I use to walk before I got asthma. even though this shouldn't be seen as a huge accomplishment... I see it as one. Maybe one day I'll be able to run again and not worry about being out of shaped or get sick afterwords. So new goal for whenever.

     The picnic was fun, I learned how to play corn hole, and I played a bit of volleyball. I mixed and mingle and ate a lot of meat. Would have overdosed on desserts, but the dessert table intimidated me due to the surplus of desserts. I wish I took a picture of it, but at that point I was tired of my camera.
     due to being over tired from the picnic in Lexington, I forgot completely about the revival. so many this revival plan will happen later on in this year. I check out the other volunteer house across the street and hung out with those people. I actually really do love my house and my other house across the street. The people here are amazing, not people who are all best friends, but people you can feel safe talking to and being around.
     I did mention today that I do miss having boys around. Not so much boys that are cute and funny, but my brothers. I miss just having boys in the area that are useful and well brother like. So to get my needing the male influence fix I let Paul and his friend Zac kidnap me and make me watch horrible Halloween movies... I soon realized that I was surrounded by four older men and I soon wished I was back at my women only house. Guys are bad, but if I had a ring on my finger I might have felt slightly better. Then again before the lights went on the guys were pretty much acting like I was one of the guys. Then they saw I wasn't and then it just got slightly awkward...
  Tomorrow is the Bitter Sweet Festival and my late shift... so maybe if I am lucky I'll get to go travel out before work and then end at a Festival this weekend... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment