Thursday, September 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home, Kentucky

      The first thing I learned about Kentucky is no one is rushing to get everything done. The second thing I learned from Kentucky is time doesn't equal money and when you have free time don't feel bad if you aren't constantly being productive. I don't know if it is my personality or the fact that I am so use to being constantly busy, but having this free time kind of makes me feel bad.

      I was planning on having a packed day full of work and activities and being tired. Instead I got up ate breakfast, relaxed, went in for my drug test, showed up to my work site and was told to return at 3:00. I figured I would be working the late shift for awhile, but I didn't think I would have all this free time already. I am totally okay with this and am not complaining at all. I just feel guilty about being so spoiled and not suffering. I guess my thoughts on how doing this service work and helping out others were kind of off. Which is a little surprising to me, because I've done service work before. Maybe my fear of the unknown was really getting to me and causing me to over think things. Actually doing a year of service not only is going to be easy, but I feel like I am really gonna love it. I knew I was gonna love it, but I really didn't think I would love it this much.
        I almost went out and took pictures, but it is hot outside and I am working to 11:00 pm. So I'm gonna enjoy Kentucky and its laid back relaxing approach on life and just chill around the volunteer house until I need to show up to work for the day.
     On a different note that applies to pretty much no one, it turns out that there are more children at the place I am working at, which means things are gonna be crazy and probably hectic tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment