Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You can see it in her eyes...

I have been back at work for over a week now and I am now getting to the point where I am ready to let go. However, today we had my exit lunch with someone volunteers and it hit me. I'm coming back. I know when I came to Kentucky I felt like it was just a stopping place, but now I see it is a place where I will return to. I was leaving the table to talk to another person and someone said, but don't forget to say good-bye. I am not leaving yet and she responded with reminding that this may be the last time she will see me. I then said, please I will return. Which is true, I am leaving Kentucky, the shelter, CAP, friends, and so much more. But as long as God lets it happen I should return. I do need to make money, so as long as I get the respite camp job, save up like crazy and get a good financial aid package this upcoming spring I should be able to return to CAP for a few weeks to do some more shelter fun, some Icthus, and some camp. Then again that is if I have enough money and not taking any classes. I am up for many tough choices, but I am sure that I will return to Kentucky is some form.
As I hugged people good-bye someone said, "her eyes light up when she says she is returning, so you know it is true". I must agree it is very likely some part of me will return to Kentucky, because I'm not done with my service. Besides my future husband is hiding somewhere at camp ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment