Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cliff... something

I was going to have this awesome blog about how I went cliff jumping and instead it turned into something else. I was going to describe how everyone has good in them and no matter what the sins are everyone has a right to be trusted and loved. Also I wanted to make a statment about how despite one's sins doesn't mean there isn't still innoccence found within them.

Instead of having time to write this AWESOME blog about people in Appalachia and their life style I will just up load this photo and let you know that one day I will get time to tell the story to anyone who really wants to know why even drug users can be good people too.
The only way to sum up this picture is saying that I went to a lake and thought about cliff jumping. Instead things happened and some stranger grabbed me and jump in. It may seem like a crazy thing and that I should be afraid of water forever. Instead I learn a couple of things.

1. Never be surprised if a random stranger takes you seriously when you tell him to do something.
2. Never think you will only see someone once, the world is small and people can travel.
3. Just because people do drugs doesn't mean they are fully grown and have truly mature to the point of understanding
4. For people in Eastern Kentucky the lake is their swimming pool and some people will do all the stupid things children in their personal swimming pool, but in a lake instead.
5. God can use anyone to get a point across.
6. If you trust you can feel safe in any situation.
7. Once you come into someone's life you become a part of their life and it is likely that they may tell someone a story about you.

   So two weekends ago I went to Floyd county and some many things happened and when I returned I wanted to tell everyone about it. However people got sick and things happened and I worked constantly and had no time to share all the stories. If you ever want to hear about this guy who was smoking pot grabbed a girl he just met and jumped off a cliff and how everything turned out feel free to go to Eastern Kentucky and about about how Frito almost killed a random stranger. Then again if you go to Ohio you might run into the story there too. I don't know how far the story will go and how knows how it might change before it reaches your ears, but after that experience I learned that God is going to get me where he wants me so I might as well close my eyes, hold my breathe and enjoy the jump, because there really isn't anything I can do about it.
        Also on this lovely weekend I also learned that Kentucky is a step in my life, but it isn't the final chapter. I met Father Bieting and I learned in just a very short minutes how amzing he is. Then again I also learned that Kentucky isn't where my heart is leading me. I am thankful for this year in Kentucky and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I am going to bigger and greater things, if it is Covenant House then I am glad, if it is a career in jail than I am also glad. Who knows where I am going next, but thanks to a random stranger who forced me to jump I know that I'll be safe no matter where I go.


Us girls with Father Bieting... sadly it will never make it on the CAP website, due to someone thinking CAP doesn't approve of "unblanced" photos... too bad she is too blind to realize that CAP is very "unbalanced". Then again in my mind I think most men preffer the "unbalanced" odds of 20:1 for every guy. Of course I can't really understand men... its not like I grew up with three older brothers and all their friends... (ignore my rantings and remember that I'm just a college drop out and I haven't paid enough to know anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment