Friday, May 27, 2011

My hobbit is teaching me so much!

    Since everyone is sick and dying at the shelter, I have been putting in more hours and haven't been able to play with my two little boys. I took my newest child one once and poor kid almost ended up taking a nap on top of the hill we hiked.

     Tonight was yet again another long day, but I finally got tired of typing up files and watching the phones. I left the office and took my hobbit for a walk. I would have taken both boys, but the younger of the two was already in bed.
    My plan was to just have fast walk, but my hobbit had other plans. He wanted to play basketball. I didn't care too much so I gave in and got one out of the shed. I was gonna take him to the basketball court, but he again had other plans. Actually he wanted to play with the ball, but his short attention span kept getting in the way. The puddles, and creeks were way more exciting that an orange ball that bounced. He is adorable and I didn't mind taking forever to get to the planned destination. Actually when we stopped at a huge puddle I started to think how this journey to the basketball court was like a journey in life. My hobbit was me and I was God. I was leading him to the goal, but letting him enjoy the stops on the way. Now when I think about my journey in life I will try to think of my hobbit playing in his puddle, being more excited for the puddle then the end result.
    I had my interview with Covenant house and due to my own choice I might be waiting a whole year for another adventure, but who says that going home can't be an adventure? I'm going to enjoy this upcoming puddle and be sure to throw my basketball in it to make a splash. I'll also be sure to embrace it fully, because every puddle on the way to the basketball court is well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I like this :) Very deep, friend, very deep.

    ReplyDelete