Sunday, October 10, 2010

One busy day

     I started my day at 9:00 getting ready for the bittersweet festival. My plan was to wear a skirt for the first time in days, because it was going to be in the 80's. I even put on makeup, because I was going out in public and enjoy the day being a tourist. The plan was to leave by 10:30 to see the clog dancers at 11:00 and then the parade at 12:00. Well we in the end we got to the festival a little after 11:30 and saw the end of the cloggers and then stood on the side of the street and watch the parade. For a parade for a small town it was pretty typical: horses, fire trucks, Four Wheelers, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Political Candidates, and so on.
 The festival itself was mostly booths selling things or giving things away. We stayed there for about an hour including the parade and went to Refro Valley to checkout the small town that is down the street from our volunteer house. We only stayed there for about 20 minutes and headed back to the volunteer house.
  After grabbing some shoes and changing clothes we met up with people from the other house, picked up another van and drove to the Pinnacles to hike and look at the trees that were changing colors. So a group of about 10 of us went hiking on the East Pinnacles that ends with scaling a rock or two. It was kind of nice walking through the mountains while it was so nice outside. The only problem that occurred on this walk was the few cuts and bruises given by the rock to some of us girls who had an issue getting down from the rocks.
     To end the day of constantly moving around I ate dinner settled down with the ladies of my house started watching Valentines Day while up loading pictures. Then I got picked up by Paul watched  a movie with him and now I'm heading off to bed for a less adventurous day this Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Thus far, your adventures sound great :)
    I'm excited to hear (and read) that this Kentucky thing might actually be more fun and less cult than originally imagined- yay! :) I guess it's easy to forget that these types of things aren't always culty. But seriously, it looks like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete