Saturday, September 25, 2010

Traveling again

I wonder if I'll ever get use to traveling. I don't hate traveling or visiting people or trying new things. I just hate packing, unpacking, sleeping on a different bed and long car rides. I actually don't mind riding in a car, but I have been getting in and out of cars all this month and I'm just wishing I could just think about a place and appear there instead of driving. However there is no reason for me to complain, because looking at the schedule it seems like I will be moving around for orientation, CAP retreat, and other things all of October. So I just need to suck it up, pack my bags and be pumped for this next week.

Since I'll be at Orientation until Thursday I would be working this whole week and instead I'll just be learning things, praying, and writing letters.
So besides be distracted and upset about packing and taking a 2 and half hour ride through the hills of Kentucky I had a great day. I started off with some gardening. I didn't do as much as the other girls, but I did get to enjoy the end result. Then since Mount Vernon, Kentucky is such a happening place we took a car ride through the town in hopes of finding the Dairy Queen in the area. After a failed attempt the six of us went to the Dairy Queen in Berea, Kentucky. After that the girls dropped me off at Paul's place. There Paul and I had sister-brother bonding and discovered some of the bad habits we picked up from our parents. By parents I really mean father, but I feel like sooner or later I will be resembling my mother and I want to be prepared for it.
    Paul made a lovely roast beef, with cheesy bread, bake potatoes, and green beans (there were mushrooms, but I didn't have any on my plate). I must have been eating faster than Paul, because as soon as I finish the food on my plate, Paul got up and started cleaning up the kitchen. I must have been distracted by something, because I went to my purse to grab something and out of no where Paul asks where I was. He then realized that he didn't finish eating. We both returned to the table and while he finished his roast beef and mushrooms, I cleaned up my dishes and we both joked about how we started to get some of our parent's bad habits.
It was nice seeing Paul and having a home cooked meal that wasn't made to feed over 10 people. It was also nice not having to work and being able to return to my house and just relax. But to close my night I got news from Liberty, that ADPi and the Independents are doing good so far when it comes to Home Coming news back at my college. I know I left my college to do something else, but it still makes me happy knowing what is going on with every I left back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment