Saturday, April 9, 2011

Covenant House

I had my second week at the trailer and even though it was hard, I was excited :-) Turns out that God finally gave me a direction or at least I think he did. If not he is leading me closer to where I should be.

Once Spring came I started to look for another placement, while I was still weighting the possibility of staying with CAP for another year in a different house and program. I was actually looking for a volunteer placement  closer to home, but then I found this place in Buffalo, New York. The women I talked to told me that I would be perfect for the teen mom job, but in the end it didn't work out due to time and not being done with my service in time. I was completely okay with that, because who knows it might come up at another time and work out. Instead some how Covenant house sent me an e-mail and next thing I know I am living in a trailer for two weeks and find time to slightly research Covenant House. They prefer people who have graduated college, but I felt like I should apply anyway. I won't be able to go until January, but I started on the application and the more I do on it the more I feel like I should be volunteering at Covenant House. I don't even care which Covenant House I end up at, all I know is that I am about 80% positive that I should be at Covenant House next year. I feel so cocky thinking this, but I'm going to apply anyways, because the worse that could happen is they tell me no and I either return to school or find another placement. I felt like this realization canceled out the hard parts of living in the trailer for two weeks. Even though I do love the McCreary trailer I am glad to be back at the shelter and I think our new child is absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment