Monday, December 20, 2010

Lover of my life, winner of my soul

There must be a God, because there is no way that I could end with a bad day and end up having my pandora turned to the perfect station. Even when I wasn't even going to touch my computer until tomorrow. :-)

   On Sunday I went to a Holiness church and I am glad I am not part of that church. The Christmas service was beautiful and adorable. These little children sang and dressed up like animals and did the whole Christmas story. However I started to get offend when there was an alter call and a demand for money to help give the preacher a "good" Christmas. It could be my whole I am doing a year of service thing that makes me mad when people ask for money when they gather to praise God. Last time I checked Jesus didn't collect gold after every time he preached. However he did ask people to share, which is completely different from having a money collection to pay a man's salary. I guess the reason I don't get mad at my own church when they ask for money is, because it goes to more than one thing and no one stands up and tries to guilt you into giving money. I never understood why one should pay to pray, because if religion is suppose to be free why must people ask for money at every service? Then again I am stepping off my soap box and moving onto a better topic.
    My crappy day wasn't horrible, but it wasn't amazing. I am sick and tired of drama and lies. Then again I think it is the kind of job I am working into. I learned that people that don't have respect for themselves fail to respect others too. I also learned that people with no self-esteem believe all of their worth is determined by the people they know. It is kind of sick and upsetting how self-absorbed people are these days. Then again even though today was a bad day, ending it with Pandora and some amazing uplifting songs makes me so glad I'm not alone in this life journey.

1 comment:

  1. Give the preacher a good Christmas. Wow. If I were in your hard-working shoes I'd be upset, too.

    Glad your day ended better.

    ReplyDelete