Saturday, November 20, 2010

At the Rockcastle House EVERY Night is a Girl's Night!

     Today was my very first day shift on Friday and at first it was hard leaving at 5:00. I was so confused and unable to leave, but then I remembered that my roommate and I made plans for Berea and a coffee house. So after I looked and saw that it was a little past 5:00 I packed up my belonging and rushed home. Some of the girls from my house heading up to Berea and enjoyed the local coffee house by the college. I actually only like frozen coffee and it is cold outside, so I got a hot chocolate instead of a mocha frappe. This was a good thing, because the frappe was double the price of the hot chocolate.

         I was gonna go contra dancing, but things got a little hazy on details and I ended up watching a very interesting movie called "Doubt". Not sure what my thought were on it, but I felt like the movie was nice compared to the craziness of these past two days. I know it seems weird that a deep movie about tough issues was easier to watch than deal with reality. Then again sometimes it is nice to walk away from work and enjoy some movies with deep meanings and have them wash over you with thoughts. It was a good movie and despite it slightly controversial plot it gave a good view of humans and how they assume and how dislike for one person could cause little things turn into huge issues that could equal very bad consequences. I did enjoy that the movie never answered if the person being accused of an evil act was never proven innocent or guilty. It kind of covers the thought that judgment is only for God and we only know half of the story and even our half of the story doesn't cover the truth.
    So on a lighter note I had a great girls night and had some yummy mac-n-cheese with a hot-dog. I still need to pack for this weekend in Louisville and it is getting late and I have to do the shopping for our house for the upcoming week. So good night or good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment