Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Shift, Mail, House Meeting, and Panera (aka Bread Co)

     Day Shift as always is really slow in the morning and crazy right before I leave. All I did today was childcare and correct a child when she acted rudely to her mother. I enjoyed childcare, because the children are great, but I'm still not all excited about paperwork. I'm excited to work second shift so someone else will do the paperwork :-).

    After work I came home for dinner and I had a nice pile of mail waiting for me in my box. I LOVE mail. Actually I love mail even more when I'm away from home. It was great getting letters from my friends back in KC and not so great getting letters about my loans. Due to not getting Americore I'm still working on deferring my loans and once I'm about to do it... my loans get sold to another company... :-( However on the bright side I didn't freak out or rush to do the deferring of my loans, because as of now I'm just enjoying my night and I'll worry about loans on Thursday when I don't go into work until 3:00. So for tonight I just answer some letters, worked on some more and relaxed.
      House meeting was amazingly nice for all the horror stories that seem to surround these house meetings. House meeting is when the lady in charge of volunteer life comes to our volunteer house and goes over problems in the house. This includes: broken toilets, leaky facets, tension in the house, the disgusting of composting and other changes in the house. It is now official that our house is becoming a little greener by composting. I know being hippies in the mountains of Kentucky, one would think that we would have already been composting right? You know save the environment and the people, but I guess recycling was a big step for the CAP community having composting is an even bigger step. Lucky we explained that composting (if done right)  does NOT attract wild animals to our back yard.  So this house meeting explained that the broken toilet will one day be fixed or replace, composting will begin once we finish that lovely big bucket of ice cream in our freezer, and one day everyone living in our house will in fact have house keys. :-) Yay! house meetings! :-)
     since I work and live in the same area I thought it would be fun to do a Panera run to pick up the leftover bread for the pantry in town. I road in a cargo van and got to take a half an hour ride into a different town. I guess I could count that as extra service hours, but I already logged my hours so instead I'll count it tomorrow when I have CPR and don't feel like going back to work right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment